SLT Services for Children and Teens
Penny has extensive experience as a specialist Speech and Language Therapist in the areas of speech sounds and stammering.
Book an assessment with Penny for a thorough evaluation of your child or teen's speech sounds or stammer.
Full assessments available for evaluation of stammering or speech sounds.
A detailed assessment with either a written report and advice or an information session with tailored advice and recommendations.
- Parent/guardian information session for advice and support.
- Useful for under 3s who may not need a full assessment but may need some support around speech sounds or developmental stammer
- Don’t Google advice – spend an hour with Penny and receive an information pack based on your child’s own development and your questions
€90 1-hour advice session plus information pack
- Online telepractice and in-person appointments available
- Sessions last one hour and include follow-up home activities
- Clinical specialist in stammering and speech sound development
- Fundamentals of play therapy are used so that sessions are fun and confidence-boosting!
€80 per session including home practice activities
Includes a language screen to evaluate spoken speech and language skills, along with an evaluation of stammering. Stammering is not measured by ‘how much’ stammering is heard, but by observing the tension/timing changes during moments of stammering, and exploring feelings, attitudes and impact on every day participation.
For children’s assessment, parents/guardians are invited to a complimentary Zoom meeting to discuss therapy recommendations and provide an information session on stammering based on your child’s evaluation.
- Younger children: parent-child interaction therapy, Palin programme, Yaruss & Reeves Stuttering Therapy Resources
- Older children and teens: The 3Es Therapy model by Luckman & Gore: Education, Ease, Empower
A speech sound assessment will evaluate all speech sound patterns to find out what sounds are present, which sounds are not yet developed and an analysis of any substitution patterns.
Speech sounds are evaluated in words and sentence level for a thorough evaluation.
A stimulability assessment of sounds not yet present in your child’s speech system will also be completed which is important for setting therapy goals.
A written speech sound assessment summary will be sent to you after your appointment along with start-up therapy activities so you can get going on speech work straight away.
- I have a huge amount of fun therapy materials – apps, Boom card decks, digital games, printable games…your child will have so much fun whilst they learn their speech sounds!
After-school, evening and Saturdays available!
Book appointments date and times to suit you with the online booking system.
Choose telepractice or in-person appointments.
Choose the frequency of appointments to suit you.
Email Penny for a friendly chat if you have any questions!