My name is Penny Farrell and I am a qualified and CORU-certified Speech and Language Therapist. I qualified in 2002 and bring years of experience and bundles of enthusiasm to my work.
My clinic is based in my home. The room feels comfortable and more relaxed than a traditional health centre clinic room. All my clients and families comment on how at ease they feel from the moment they arrive. This helps everyone to feel settled and paves the way for learning and progress straight away.
I provide a personal service, tailored to each client’s goals and interests. I focus on the following areas:
• Stammering (also known as stuttering or dysfluent speech)
• Late talkers and early language development
• Unclear speech or speech sound difficulties including dyspraxia
• Cleft lip/palate
• Reading difficulties and/or dyslexia
• Deafness and Cochlear Implant users
I use age/developmentally appropriate games/toys/materials in therapy to engage children and support their communication needs in a fun, nurturing environment. I am committed to building confidence in the children and families I work with. My place is to show, guide, model and lead in a positive, gentle and encouraging way.